Why Should Your District Participate in
Regents Scoring Analysis?
Today's school administrators need complete and accurate data reports to
evaluate curriculum for making informed and timely decisions concerning students and programs.
The LHRIC is offering a Regents Scoring Analysis Service for the
following January 2007 Regents exams:
- Physical Setting Chemistry
- Physical Setting Earth Science
- Physical Setting Physics
- Living Environment
- US Global History and Geography
- US History and Government
For June 2007 Regents, additional LOTE exams will be processed.
LHRIC, in conjunction with the 11 other RICs in NY State and SED will develop and print answer documents for the exams listed above.
The districts participating will receive the
- Printed Exam Answer Sheets for each student scheduled to take the exam containing their basic demograhpic information.
- Extra sheets for walk-in students
- Kickoff / training meeting
- Analysis Reports
- Data files
- Optional: For an additional cost, Data Warehouse clients can incorporate their Regents data through an eScholar Data Warehouse project.
Districts will receive the following reports for each test:
- Building Reports
- Teacher Reports
- Student Item Analysis Reports
- Course/Sections Reports
- Individual Student Reports
- Regional Reports
Districts are responsible for providing an Electronic file in the
Regents IMPACT Format per test requested. This file will contain
demographic data for every student taking the exam.
If the district's Student Information System is supported by the RIC, we will do the data extractions.
The scoring analysis process will only begin after districts administer
the exams, score and process their grades for report cards.
The turn around time is 14 business days.
There is a $100 process set-up fee per district and $2.00 per
student, per test. That will cover the cost of answer documents,
processing of data and producing of all reports.
Regents In-District Scoring PILOT
In January 2006, LHRIC will be beta testing Regents In-District Scoring with a limited number of districts.
With this service, districts will be able to score Regents Exams electronically and receive immediate results.
We are on the last stages of testing this new service and are looking to offer this to districts in the near future.